Loudoun County's Department of Finance and Procurement, Accounting Division is seeking qualified candidates with strong analytical and supervisory skills who thrive in a fast paced work environment to fill a full-time position of Accounting Manager. This position oversees the County's accounting, financial reporting and fixed assets systems.
Essential functions include:
Overseeing the preparation of all financial reports including preparation of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR) and the State Auditor of Public Accounts (APA) transmittals
- Serve as liaison with the County's external auditors and the State APA
- Responsible for all accounting functions including general ledger, projects & grants and fixed assets
- Supervises a staff of eight accountants and provides assistance to all County Departments
- Plans, coordinates and implements financial accounting activities in accordance with GAAP, GASB, and the APA.
Successful candidate is eligible for the County's benefit package, which includes extremely competitive health, dental and vision insurance; enrollment in the Virginia Retirement System; matching contributions to deferred compensation plan; and annual and sick leave benefits.
HIRING RANGE: $76,468.91-$105,144.75
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field. Minimum of five years of directly related professional level experience, including one year of team lead or supervisory experience. Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills are necessary. Knowledge of principles of governmental accounting and public sector finance is preferred. Prior experience working with a major ERP system, such as Oracle, in a medium to large organization is desirable.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Thorough knowledge of principles of governmental accounting and public sector finance
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background and credit check.