The Management Analyst II (Budget Office) performs difficult to complex analytical work in various areas. Major duties include supporting the planning and development of East Bay Municipal Utility District’s (EBMUD's) biennial operating budget and the five-year Capital Improvement Program (CIP) budget including the monitoring, tracking, and reporting of expenditures compared to budget. Assignments are given and individuals are expected to exercise independent judgment in the selection of methodology, analytical technique, and making recommendations.
Other duties include:
- Planning, organizing, and preparing departmental budgets; reviewing budget requests for appropriateness, accuracy, and cost justifications
- Discussing budget findings and recommendations with managers, supervisors, and other personnel; presenting recommendations; preparing reports on the basis of analyses.
- Collecting, compiling, and analyzing information and data in the preparation of reports, memoranda, presentations, and other documents.
- Coordinating and undertaking projects, studies, and other activities with various EBMUD staff and other agencies.
- Planning, organizing, developing, and conducting analyses using various quantitative methods such as cost analyses, systems analyses, statistical analyses, etc.
The ideal candidate for the independent, analytical, line staff nature of this position will be:
- a self-starter
- a quick study
- able to act with flexibility
- able to influence without authority
The salary range is $9,234 per month increasing to $9,696, $10,181, and $10,690 after 6, 18, and 30 months, respectively.
EBMUD offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
- Completion of four years of college, resulting in graduation or its equivalent, with major work in business or public administration or a directly related field, and two years of professional experience in administrative, management, budgetary, or systems analyses. A Master's degree in business or public administration or a closely related field may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com/jobs by 4:30 p.m., Friday, May 14, 2021. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability