The Raymond A. Mason School of Business at William & Mary is seeking a capable, experienced, detail-oriented candidate to join the department as our Manager, Financial Operations. The Raymond A. Mason School of Business (MSOB) has a complicated budgeting/financial management process involving both University and Foundation funds. The person in this position helps develop the budget framework with the Director of Business Intelligence, manages the budget process and provides leadership and support in other areas of financial administration and operations for the MSOB. The person in this position oversees the accounts payable and purchasing functions for the MSOB.
Among other responsibilities, this position will perform the following core functions:
- Support in the preparation and execution of the MSOB budget.
- Manage a Financial Technician to oversee the operational day to day for financial analysis.
- Support in the development in the 5 year plan.
- Provide strategic management of all MSOB funds, perform financial analysis, oversee financial operations processes for the MSOB and help develop and administer internal finance and operations policies and processes.
- Help ensure compliance with University fiscal, procurement and reporting requirements.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of detailed financial record, reports and analyses related to the general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, inventory, fixed assets, and budget.
- Help oversee the employment contract process and monitor payroll reporting and expenses.
- Assist with financial reporting and data collection for AACSB and Rankings Surveys
- Oversee faculty compensation database and reporting analytics
- Work with members of Academic Administration to track, analyze and process faculty contracts, loads, leaves, stipends, titles, rank etc
- Manage technology purchases, lease agreements and inventory
- Support special projects and financial modeling for tuition revenue, operating expenses and scholarship
- Maintain internal controls for the school including evaluating internal controls and approval processes; make recommendations on how to improve fiscal integrity
- Consult with area heads regarding budgets, account reconciliations, irregular and unusual transactions and problem resolutions
- Manage collaboratively with HR Manager to review/approval of position management transactions; ensuring impact on operating budget for new positions, position re-org, reclassifications etc are clearly apparent to senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounting or financial management experience, including budget. Supervisory experience required with demonstrated leadership, supervisory and time management skills.
- Experience in financial reporting and analysis.
- Experience in project management, quantitative and analytical research, and data collection methods.
- Experience with administering a financial software package and Microsoft Access.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and the ability to work with diverse constituents and maintain extreme confidentiality.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of and competency in managing information systems, including Banner.