Under the general direction of the Office of Management and Budget Director or designee, monitors the financial condition and financial planning of designated departments including budget review and collective bargaining budgetary implications; provides technical, financial and management analysis assistance to elected officials and County agencies.
Serves as management analyst for County Commissioners and assigned departments/agencies:
- Reviews requests, analyzes, and makes recommendations regarding staffing levels, resource allocations and organizational goals and objectives to determine if funding is available.
- Maintains liaison with assigned departments’ fiscal personnel.
- Monitors fiscal performance of county, federal and state funds.
- Reviews, collects and prepares analysis of actual and budgeted cost data for use in the collective bargaining process.
- Assists in formulating recommendations designed to conserve resources and/or improve delivery systems.
- Performs analysis of budget problems and recommends cost-effective solutions.
- Helps in preparation of legislation as needed and analyzes the effect of proposed legislation and policies on agencies.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing the financial criteria in Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
- May serve on assigned committees.
- Maintains financial records.
Assists in budget preparation, monitoring, and controlling expenditures for assigned departments and agencies:
- Participates in completion of the county’s budget preparation package, budget documents, and other related reports..
- Assist all departments, elected officials, and agencies with fiscal matters related to obtaining state and/or federal funding.
- Reviews proposed budget item transfers/adjustments to monitor expenditures and implementation of negotiated budget amounts and insures that proper legislation has been passed.
- Monitors, prepares and presents financial analysis, expenditures, and reports reflecting current budget status as required.
Prepares financial analysis for County Commissioners and assigned departments:
- Develops spreadsheets with budget history for assigned departments to determine anticipated expenditure levels.
- Performs revenue and expenditure analysis to include updates of economic assumptions and forecasts of revenue and expenditures.
- Prepares reports and makes recommendations of new work methods or systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Public Administration; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least two (2) years of relevant experience; OR
- A combination of education, experience and certification that is deemed by the County to be the equivalent of the above.
- Previous experience working with public sector/government budgets is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting principles and procedures
- Basic understanding of county organizational structure
- Knowledge of and ability to research and interpret applicable sections of the Ohio Revised Code
- Knowledge of and ability to use various management and performance evaluation methods
- Knowledge of data processing methods
- Proficient in communication, with or without accommodation
- Ability to analyze complex situations
- Ability to research issues and compile information/data into a meaningful report
- Ability to maintain effective work relationships with personnel assigned to County divisions
- Ability to use available resources to resolve problems
- Ability to use word processing and spreadsheet software
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- May require overtime
- May require overnight travel