Due to a retirement, the Town of Windsor has an opening for a Payroll and Benefits Analyst. This position is responsible for performing confidential administrative work in preparation and processing of the Town’s weekly payroll for approximately 300 employees, as well as managing employee and retiree benefit data including pension processing and insurance enrollment.
Some of your typical work activities will include:
- performing semi-technical and confidential clerical, bookkeeping, accounting and administrative work in preparation for the Town payroll
- processing insurance enrollment for employees
- assisting in workers’ compensation claims and benefits
- maintaining vacation and sick leave records
- managing payroll tax activities including 941 filings
- processing W2 and 1095 annual reporting
- supporting accounting staff with payroll related account reconciliations, and the preparation of analyses and reports as necessary to support annual budget and audit processes
- addressing payroll related problems, resolving timesheet issues, and building and maintaining relationships with employees
- maintaining professional follow-up and quality assurance consistent with regulatory compliance and town policies, procedures and standards.