The City of Naperville is seeking a Payroll Supervisor to join the Finance Department. The Payroll Supervisor will manage, direct and coordinate the activities and personnel of the payroll team. The Payroll Supervisor is responsible for the overall development and implementation of timekeeping and payroll strategies and work processes. The Payroll Supervisor also reviews and improves existing payroll and payroll-related accounting processes and is willing to act in a primary role in managing the timekeeping system and various payroll functions.
- Supervising Payroll team
- Subject matter expert of the ERP and Timekeeping Systems
- Prepares employee information and participates in the production of biweekly payroll in cooperation with the Payroll staff
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual tax filings
- Prepares and analyzes payroll reports through extracting of data and utilization of advanced Excel functions
- Completes annual W-2 filing
- Compiles and analyzes statistical records for use in various City activities
- Reconciles and ensures consistent and appropriate recording of payroll transactions through various accounting-related software applications
- Prepares year-end adjusting entries and annual audit work papers related to payroll
- Completes special projects assigned by the Controller, Finance Director and/or other finance management personnel
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or a related field required
- Five plus years of payroll experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Municipal experience
- Experience processing union timekeeping and payroll
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 148,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a dynamic & collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
APPLY ON-LINE AT:
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN E. O. E.
CLICK HERE for the City of Naperville’s EEOP Utilization Report
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.