Payroll Supervisor #21-0199
DIVISION - Finance
POSITION TYPE - Full-time
REGULAR/ TEMPORARY - Regular
Posting Close Date - Nov 30, 2021
Pay Range - $89,856.00 up to $109,824.00
Salary/Hourly - Salaried
Location of Position - Administration - Ops Complex-BLDA
Perform and oversee highly technical analysis in relevant functional areas. Analyze financial information for multiple areas of payroll and finance functions. Monitor compliance with internal control policies and legal requirements. Provide guidance as it relates to requirements of relevant regulating agencies. May supervise, plan, and organize the work of Accounting professionals, technicians, and administrative staff. Provide leadership with projects, and support management and staff in completing organization-wide initiatives.
Interviews will be scheduled as qualified candidates are identified throughout the posting period.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents in this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Provide leadership, oversight and back up support for all the payroll functions, including, delivery of the bi-weekly payroll in conformity with external and internal regulations, as well as timely and correct. Deliver guidance to Denver Water divisions on the payroll regulations for awareness and understanding of this function. Support the organization for payroll information as requested. Management of the ADP SaaS payroll services, in accordance with the contracted services. Support the annual external audit by providing necessary information requested. Assist the organization in projects, implementation of the personnel policies and systematic review.
- Compliance with external regulations and internal policies, IRS, FMLA, State of CO, GASB/GAAP, Social Security Administration, etc.
- SaaS system oversight for compliance and functional accuracy including system testing of payroll outcomes; training employees on functionality of the system for timekeeping and implement and troubleshoot configuration.
- Vendor management of outsourced payroll for contract compliance.
- Internal/external payroll reporting requirements including IRS reporting, external audit and financial statement reporting etc.
- Analyze payroll information and financial impacts to assure accuracy and completeness including performing variance analysis.
FINANCE SUPERVISOR NEEDS
- Mentor and assist accounting staff in career development utilizing teamwork and cross training to develop departmental synergy. Coordinate cross-functional communication, align departmental goals with organizational priorities, and perform annual performance evaluation.
- Perform related work as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Accounting or Financer a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of payroll work experience. With 2 to 3 years supervisory experience.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Licenses, Registration, and Certifications
- May require possession of a standard driver’s license (ability to obtain within 1 month of hire).
- May require HIPAA Training.
- CPP – Certified Payroll Professional preferred.
About Denver Water
Denver Water is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number is received. Denver Water reserves the right to either close or extend a posting.
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.5 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets, and natural environment entrusted to us to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan, 401K Plan with a 3% match, 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance, and Paid Time Off. A background check will be conducted to verify the information submitted on the application. Please be sure that all information on the application is correct and complete, do not say "see resume". If the application is not fully completed, we (Denver Water), will not accept your application.
We are committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited on all Denver Water property.
An offer of employment may be contingent upon satisfactory results of a post-offer drug test. Denver Water tests for the following: amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana (THC), opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), and alcohol. A strength test may also be conducted due to the physical requirements of the position.
Denver Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, People of Color, veterans, and people with disabilities.
1600 W. 12th Ave.
Denver, CO. 80204-3412