To assist in the coordination and perform technical and complex payroll-related duties and activities.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Review and assist in input all additions, deletions, and changes in payroll information; review time cards.
- Reviewing and correcting pre-payroll register.
- Prepare and assist in various statistical reports to meet Federal and State reporting requirements; close and balance all monthly, quarterly, and year-to-date payrolls.
- Assist in the review and analysis of regulatory updates and other information impacting the payroll system; perform required year-end procedures for W-2 processing and distribution; purging, and saving payroll files.
- Calculate and produce supplemental paychecks; input manual checks into automated bank reconciliation process.
- Assist in processing garnishments, wage assignments, and IRS levies.
- Assist in paying all deductions, including insurance and garnishments; complete corresponding reports; and balance deduction reports.
- Maintain filing and scanning system, according to record retention requirements.
- Assist in processing bi-weekly work experience, summer, and election judge checks.
- Verify financial employment information.
- Assist in development of computer-based payroll systems.
- Assist employees, departments, and outside sources with payroll-related issues.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS:
- Learn pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Understand basic principles and procedures of bookkeeping and accounting.
- Understand principles and procedures of financial record keeping and reporting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, such as Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Operate modern office equipment including computer equipment.
- Operate a 10- key calculator by touch.
- Apply the principles and practices of payroll accounting.
- Make changes, additions, and deletions necessary for an accurate payroll.
- Perform a variety of balancing and calculation tasks with accuracy.
- Calculate and process paychecks.
- Process and pay deductions, including garnishments and levies.
- Maintain confidentiality at work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in providing superior customer service via telephone, email, or face-to-face.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MORE QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS:
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible payroll accounting experience.
Education and Training:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent. College-level coursework in bookkeeping, accounting or related field preferred.
License or Certificate:
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Essential duties require the following physical abilities and work environment:
- Ability to work in a standard office environment.