The Regional Transportation Authority (RTA), located in downtown Chicago, is currently accepting applications to fill the Principal Analyst, Treasury & Budget position. As the oversight agency for the three transit Service Boards that provide two million daily rides throughout the six-county region, the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) believes successful communications are essential to build and sustain support for public transportation.
Under the direction of the Treasurer and Treasury Program Manager, the incumbent is responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on the Agency investment and liability portfolios, Agency liquidity, and RTA funding. Under the direction of the Manager, Budget and Analysis, the incumbent is responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on the financial performance of the Service Boards (CTA, Metra, and Pace). Assists in establishing objectives, schedules, and deliverables to meet division, departmental and Agency goals. Works extensively with Department, Agency, and Service Board staff, as well as with commercial bank and bond trustee personnel.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Calculates twice-monthly debt service payments and reviews results with RTA bond trustee. Processes payment in Infor CloudSuite Financials software.Prepares reports on RTA debt portfolio using SymPro Debt Management software.
- Determines actual monthly and annual Service Board funding receivables and payables using Infor CloudSuite Financials software.Distributes results within Agency and to the Service Boards.Processes funding receivables, payables, and payments in Infor CloudSuite Financials software.
- Following RTA policies and the Illinois Public Funds Investment Act, invests RTA funds and funds held by the bond Trustee in irrevocable trust accounts.Prepares quarterly report of investment portfolio performance using SymPro Investment software.
- Forecasts, monitors, analyzes, and reports on the RTA’s liquidity position using SymPro Cash Management software. Monitors RTA account balances.Executes reports and queries on bank portals.Initiates or approves transfers of funds between RTA accounts and electronic payments.
- Conducts on-going analysis and monitoring of financial performance of the RTA, Service Boards, and region.Uploads actual financial results into Infor CloudSuite Financials and prepares monthly and quarterly financial reports of trends and variances. Works with other analysts to provide comprehensive reports on regional financial performance. Ensures primary factors affecting financial performance are studied and clearly communicated to RTA management and RTA Board of Directors.
- Coordinates with Service Boards on annual budget development process. Reviews and analyzes RTA, Service Board and Regional budgets. Prepares analyses for RTA management, RTA Board, and public that review key budget issues and Service Board compliance with budget criteria outlined in the RTA Act. Prepares materials for Board review and adoption of annual budget and two-year financial plan.Populates budget data into Infor d/EPM budgeting module.
- Develops and maintains spreadsheet-based models on RTA regional financial capacity including a ten-year financial plan as directed by the RTA Act. Uses model to forecast long range regional funding needs and analyze the impacts of policy alternatives.
Knowledge, skills and abilities equivalent to the completion of a bachelor’s degree in Public or Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent work experience. Master's degree in Business, Public Policy or Administration or a related field is preferred. CTP, CPA, CMA, CFA a plus. Minimum of five (5) years with experience in public or private business and an emphasis on quantitative analysis. Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical and problem-solving abilities, and an understanding of public policy analysis and finance principles required. Extensive spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing experience, Infor and SymPro software products preferred. Ability to work independently, plan and organize tasks, solve problems, and complete projects in collaboration with various RTA, Service Board, and contract personnel required. Ability to maintain confidential information required.
Salary Mid-Point: $89,306
Salary Range: $71,444 to $107,167
Candidates can expect salary offers that range from the minimum to the mid-point of the salary range. RTA provides full pay ranges so candidates can consider their growth potential.
The RTA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Relocation is not available. For more information about the RTA, visit our website at www.rtachicago.com.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Regional Transportation Authority
Human Resources, Attn: 21-PATB
175 W. Jackson, Suite 1650
Chicago, IL 60604
To apply on-line:create an account by selecting "apply" or “login and register. “
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer