The Purchasing Coordinator coordinates the procurement services and activities within the City. The coordinator participates in City purchasing activities including informal and formal bids, RFPs, RFQs, and cooperative purchases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Coordinates the services and activities of procurement activity within the City; participates in City purchasing activities including informal and formal bids, RFPs, RFQs, and cooperative purchases.
- Acts as primary point of contact for all City equipment and property purchases; collaborates closely with City department and external vendors.
- Coordinates, directs, and trains staff from across all departments and divisions of the City on purchasing and procurement policies and procedures; ensures that all personnel are acting within the designated guidelines of procurement.
- Evaluates and processes requisitions for goods and services; identifies time frames, approximate cost, and proper procedures for securing pricing and finalizing purchases; prioritizes requisitions based on City needs; verifies requisitions are authorized; verifies procurement is in accordance with the approved budget.
- Serves as subject matter experts and provides interpretation and understanding of policy and procedures to vendors and personnel; coordinates and assists various procurement activities for the purchase of City equipment, materials, services, and supplies.
- Evaluates services and/or products offered to the City by vendors and suppliers; makes recommendations on purchases for specific and designated areas.
- Researches and investigates outdated and/or expired price agreements; identifies specific needs, estimates usage, creates specifications, releases bids, receives bids, and awards bids.
- Oversees various contracts; ensures goods and services are procured per price agreement; monitors grant funded purchases and maintains all grant documents; maintains fixed asset records.
- Maintains accurate and complete records and files including assets, contracts, vendors, and solicitations; Incode database updates.
- Provides quality customer service to customers, city staff, the general public, and all other work contacts; maintains a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Facilitates meetings related to purchasing (pre-bid, bid openings, pre-construction, vendor interviews, etc.); attends other City meetings as needed.
- Produces monthly purchasing reports for Council
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or a closely related field.
- Two (2) years of purchasing related experience is preferred.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Professional certification by a recognized national purchasing association is preferred.
Required Knowledge of:
- Principles, practices, and procedures of government purchasing.
- Processes of purchasing activities including informal and formal bids, RFPs, RFQs, and cooperative purchases
- Methods and skills used in personnel training.
- Federal, State, and local laws, ordinances, policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to procurement of goods, services, and contract awards.
- Customer service skills and tactics to interact with diverse individuals.
- Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, filing, and records management systems.
- Use of good judgment and sound decision-making practices in matters related to the job.
- City and department policies, procedures, and processes.
Required Skill in:
- Provide accurate and timely information to external vendors and internal personnel.
- Attention to detail in dealing with numbers, words, documents, and ideas.
- Follow a given set of rules or an outlined process to arrange things or actions.
- Read and interpret various documents including bids, contracts, requisitions, etc.
- Maintain accurate and complete files and records.
- Ensure department standards are met with all policies and processes being followed.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all City business and information.
- Accessible, responsive, responsible, and transparent in all aspects of matters related to the job.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, coworkers, internal staff, and external entities to exchange information, address issues, or report and/or resolve problems or complaints.
- Demonstrate a respectful and professional attitude in dealing with the public, coworkers, and others.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
City of Liberty Hill Application: City of Liberty Hill (libertyhilltx.gov)