SDCERA is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated, and team-oriented leader to fill an immediate opening for a Retirement Internal Audit Director. This is an outstanding and exciting career opportunity in a complex and dynamic environment for an exceptionally qualified and highly motivated individual. This position is responsible for a broad variety of functions and requires excellent management, problem solving, technical and customer service skills. This unclassified management position is part of the executive management team at SDCERA and will report administratively to the Chief Executive Officer and functionally to the Audit Committee of the Board of Retirement.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, lead and conduct complex audits to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of financial and operational controls and the reliability and accuracy of data and information systems for administering pension benefits to SDCERA members
- Conduct comprehensive annual risk assessments
- Develop the annual audit plan based on the completed annual risk assessment
- Coordinate and perform complex financial, compliance, and performance audits
- Perform appropriate follow up on audit findings and recommendations
- Prepare and present written and oral reports to the Audit Committee, the Board of Retirement and Retirement Chief Executive Officer, including the annual risk assessment, the annual audit plan, status of audit work and findings, and Ethics Hotline activity
- Administer and oversee SDCERA’s Ethics Hotline
- Work with executive management to develop cost effective internal control improvements and help foster a control conscious environment
- Manage all external resources employed to conduct audits in accordance with the annual audit plan
- Formulate policies for all internal audit functions and assist management with the formulation of operational policies as part of ongoing audits, with the focus of ensuring SDCERA is effective, efficient, and maintains strong internal controls in carrying out its fiduciary responsibility of managing the pension trust fund
- Deal with sensitive and confidential records, and must operate in a professional, independent and objective manner.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the overall operations, activities and programs for all divisions of the SDCERA
For a complete description of the position, go to: https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/dam/sdc/hr/jobs/Retirement_Internal_Audit_Director.pdf
You may complete an online application at www.sandiegocounty.gov/hr
Select the current job postings link. Please be sure to attach your resume, cover letter, and a copy of any college degree, final transcript, diploma, or completion letter.
Interested applicants should apply as soon as possible.