Senior Accounting Manager
City of Cape Coral Finance Department
Cape Coral, Florida
Wage/Salary: $70,449 - $112,736
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Date Closing: Friday, August 28, 2020
URL for this job:
- Supervises the accounting functions of the City including its assets, liabilities, fund balances/retained earnings, revenues and expenses. This includes its Governmental Funds (General, Special Revenue, Debt Service and Capital Projects), Proprietary Funds (Water and Sewer, Stormwater, Yacht Basin, Golf Course, and Waterpark), Fiduciary Funds (Pension Trust Funds) and the General Fixed Assets and General long-term Debt Account Groups.
- Maintains compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or closely related field.
- Eight (8) years of accounting experience and two (2) years of supervisory experience; or a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university and seven (7) years of accounting experience, including two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- CPA, CPFO or CGFM certification.
- Local governmental accounting or investment analysis experience preferred