- Provides guidance to executive directors/directors and other staff on all aspects and daily operation of school based services, grant management/administration to ensure proper reporting of expenditures and grant compliance for the purpose of ensuring proper fiduciary responsibilities and compliance with grant requirements and regulations.
- Oversees the objectives and mission of Accounts Payable Department, Payroll Department, and Financial Services Department through the supervision and review of the Accounts Payable Manager, Payroll Manager, and Financial Services Manager (e.g. serves as backup to supervisory staff in these areas) for the purpose of ensuring execution of the mission of the district, compliance and monitoring of fiscal activities, and continuous improvement.
Establishes and maintains the general ledger chart of accounts for the purpose of ensuring proper allocation of funds, programs and sources in accordance with grant and statutory requirements.
- Monitors availability of liquid assets and proper investments for the purpose of ensuring continuous operation and maximization of rate of return.
Monitors budget allocations, expenditures, fund balance and related financial activities for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate, revenues are recorded, expenditures are within budget limit and/or fiscal practices are followed related to operations.
- Designs and monitors internal controls over financial reporting, including safeguarding of assets against unauthorized acquisition, use or disposition to provide reasonable assurance regarding the reliability of financial statements and safeguarding District assets.
- Oversees the preparation of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report and financial audit for the purpose of complying with the annual audit requirement of the district.
- Oversees the preparation of the District-wide annual budget for the purpose of ensuring the appropriate allocation of funds to meet district initiatives.
Responsible for ensuring the timely compilation of complete and accurate budget and general ledger documentation for the purpose of complying with the annual audit, internal controls, safeguarding of assets and producing reliable financial records for all funds within the District.
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate completion of various federal and state reporting requirements (W-2, 1099, GADOE DE46 report, etc)
Performs long-term financial planning to provide insight into future financial capacity and develop strategies to achieve long-term sustainability of the district initiatives.
The Muscogee County School District provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Educational Level: Bachelor degree with Major in Accounting or Finance. (Masters Preferred)
- Certification/License Required: CPA (current preferred); Valid Driver’s License
- Experience: Job related experience within a specialized field is required. 3-5 years of governmental accounting experience
- Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and Oral Communication
Should you need more information; please visit: https://www.muscogee.k12.ga.us/c/Divisions/HumanResources/TitleIXCoordinator