SENIOR ACCOUNTANT* (Finance Department): Under general supervision of the Finance Director, this position is primarily responsible for a variety of activities related to the management, administration, and reconciliation of over 100 Beaufort County bank accounts within Beaufort County for the Finance Department. Reviews reconciliations of revenue receipts and disbursements to other municipalities. Reconciles all general ledger balance sheet accounts and ensures amounts on financial statements are accurate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely related field
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in reconciling general ledger balance sheets
- Experience with accounting software Munis is preferred
- Excellent computer, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
*Candidates considered for this position will be given a practical examination to demonstrate the required level of computer proficiency.
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.