Responsibilities: An employee in this class is responsible for managing the annual external reporting and external audit including the underlying accounting and controls. In addition, the employee is responsible for managing the accounts payable function and is a champion of continuous process improvement. The employee provides financial guidance and support to other City departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Accounting or Finance
- Seven plus (7+) years of broad financial experience with four (4) years of supervisory experience
- Two (2) years of audit experience, preferred
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), preferred
The City of Council Bluffs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit the City Employment Opportunities page for more pertinent information, to apply, and to view the job description. Contact the City's Recruiter, Cori Shaw, at 712-890-5275 with any questions!