Staff Analyst - Finance
Salary: $7,976.80 - $10,204.13 Monthly
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 01382-E
Location: CA, CA
Department: Financial Planning and Management Services
Closing: 12/5/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Treasury, Debt, and Grants Management Unit (Position Code 0648)
COVID-19 vaccination requirement:
*To protect our most valuable assets, our employees, as well as the communities we serve, Valley Water requires all new hired Valley Water personnel to be fully vaccinated (for COVID -19) or to be formally excused from the requirement through the **reasonable accommodation process (for details, see bottom of job posting).
The Staff Analyst position for the Financial Planning & Management Division will report to the Treasury, Debt and Grants Management Unit Manager, but will have the opportunity to learn and support other core finance functions, including Accounting, Budget, Financial Planning and Revenue Management, and Continual Improvement. This is an exciting position that will allow the incumbent to learn the day-to-day workings of Valley Water's core financial management functions and offers growth opportunities in the various disciplines of finance. We are looking for a team member who is detail oriented, eager to learn and can demonstrate a high degree of financial acumen.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Debt/Treasury Duties: Print bank reports and prepare the daily cash workbook, prepare daily summary of broker/dealer offerings, update/summarize/organize the invoice log and debt service log for the unit, prepare the invoice and debt service request forms, download monthly Peoplesoft reports to assist the Treasury and Debt Manager in managing the unit budget, update and maintain the Sympro investment database.
- Special Projects for Budget, Accounting, Revenue Management and Continual Improvement. Examples of recent projects include reconciliation of purchase card records on a monthly and annual basis, researching records on leases, reconciling customer invoices over the last year, preparing customer invoices, reconciling accounts payable records and taxes paid, preparing, and submitting escheatment claims to the State Treasurer's Office, among others.
- Administrative Duties: Support the CFO (manage calendar, schedule meetings), provide office management and p-card support (maintain office supplies, printer supply inventory and track p-card purchases), space coordination (serve as primary space coordinator for the division, coordinate with facilities staff for any facilities issues that occur), website maintenance, assist with contract management and vendor payments administration, coordinate reserving meeting spaces as may be required, maintaining the Finance Work Plan in Smartsheets.
Ideal Candidate's Background Includes:
- Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria listed below.
- At a minimum, three (3) years of experience handling a variety of administrative support and technical duties.
- Three or more years working in financial analysis, financial management, budget management, accounts payable/receivable, or related fields.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel (formulas and pivot tables) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, Infor, or Vena.
- Experience working in public agency finance arena is ideal.
Ideal Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service skills through all levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Work independently, take initiative, and think critically about assigned work.
- Interpret, summarize, and present administrative and technical information and data.
- Interpret, apply, explain, and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local policies, procedures, laws, and regulations, technical written material, and Valley Water policies and procedures.
- Recommend and implement modifications to existing programs, systems, and procedures.
- Research and summarize data and prepare logical written reports and correspondence related to assigned area independently or from brief instructions.
- Make mathematical, financial, and statistical computations.
- Establish and maintain a variety of filing, recordkeeping, and tracking systems.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks.
- Organize work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Develop and use spreadsheets and databases.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Basic principles of management and business administration.
- Best practices for office procedures, methods and equipment.
- Financial recordkeeping.
- Principles of business writing and report preparation.
Ideal Training and Education:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, accounting, finance, economics, data management, math, or a related field.
- Required License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license. Individuals who do not meet the driver's license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. To review the Classification Specification, please click http://apps2.valleywater.org/About_Us/_Jobs/Salary_and_classification/_Spec_PDFs/Staff Analyst 5-2019.pdf https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- (1) The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review, application assessment, performance exercise, written exercise and/or interview.
- (2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated based on the ideal candidate criteria listed above. Resumes are highly recommended.
NOTE: Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. Valley Water retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary.
Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification.
COVID-19 vaccination requirement:
* Fully vaccinated means (1) it has been at least two weeks since a person has completed the entire recommended series of a COVID-19 vaccine, and (2) the person has provided proof of vaccination in a form consistent with the requirements for verification of vaccine status in the State of California's July 26, 2021 Public Health Officer Order.
**Limited Exemptions to Vaccination Requirement
An individual who has been provided a job offer may request a reasonable accommodation to the vaccination requirement if they:
- Have a contraindication recognized by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or by the vaccine's manufacturer to every approved COVID-19 vaccine. A contraindication means a condition that makes vaccination inadvisable;
- Have a disability and are requesting an exception as a reasonable accommodation based upon this disability; or,
- Object to COVID-19 vaccination based on their sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Valley Water's Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request.
Valley Water will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources in advance of any special needs by calling 408-630-2260.
Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of Valley Water and will not be returned. Human Resources staff are not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2653958
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.