City of Vancouver
Wage/Salary: $9,687.00 - $13,105.00
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Date Closing: Saturday, April 1, 2023
URL for this job:
Supervise, plan and coordinate the activities and operations of Treasury, such as investments, cash management, and debt, City Hall Customer Service, Accounts Receivable, and for administrative functions associated with the Finance department and the City Clerk function.
- Coordinate the organization, staffing, and operational activities for the Treasury, Accounts Receivable, Customer Service, and administrative functions supporting the City Clerk.
- Manage electronic funds transfers for the city, including outgoing and incoming payments, and merchant service accounts for multiple city departments.
- Manage daily reconciliation of all cash deposits and disbursements from all city service areas.
- Manage the City’s debt portfolio of approximately $46 million. Participate in the issuance, redemption, registration, and payment of general obligation bonds and revenue bonds. Coordinate and administer debt obligations for the city, both external debt and internal debt, or other short-term financing.
- Manage the City’s disclosure and post-issuance compliance policy.
- Provide staff assistance to the CFO; prepare and present staff reports and ordinances.
- Manage contracts related to the Treasury functions. Examples include but are not limited to the banking services contract, merchant services contract, armored car contract, investment custody contract, and collections agency contract.
- Manage the City Investment Portfolio of approximately $600 million pursuant to state law, the City’s Charter, the City Investment Policy and best practices.
- Work closely with other City Departments on cash handling procedures and internal controls for cash handling. Identify issues, propose solutions, and work with the appropriate staff and/or vendors to correct deficiencies with systems, interfaces, etc. from complex financial systems.
- Prepare, review, and reconcile various accounting transactions associated with financial transactions prepared by members of the division and other departments.
- Participate in the development and administration of the Division budget and the City-wide debt service budget.
Experience and Education
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in finance and accounting administration, preferably in treasury functions of a municipal government, including two years of administrative and supervisory responsibility. Experience in governmental investment practices is highly desirable.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, or a related field. A Master’s Degree is desired.