City of West Palm Beach
West Palm Beach, Florida
Wage/Salary: $99,000 - $136,672
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Date Closing: Friday, June 23, 2023
URL for this job:
Professional and administrative position supervising and coordinating accounts receivable, investment of City funds, collection of all City revenue, and cash management; and performs other related duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Which are not in any hierarchical order)
- Manages and oversees a variety of accounting functions including general ledger, accounts receivable, collection activities, and all City investments.
- Prepares and monitors cash flow and capital requirements for the City operations.
- Analyzes receipts and revenues.
- Oversees reconciliation of all City bank accounts and investments.
- Oversees collection of public service taxes and distributes ad valorem taxes and all revenues.
- Analyzes trial balance trends, errors and unexplained additions or deletions.
- Analyzes and authorizes bond debt payment and calculates arbitrage rebates.
- Prepares periodic reports for investments.
- Oversees the management and administration of City Procurement cards.
- Oversees and analyzes credit card reconciliation and processing.
- Assists in developing strategy for increased collections of outstanding account receivables and liens.
- Assists department personnel in issues such as reimbursements, budget, cash forecasting, and related journal entries.
- Navigates interdepartmental relationships and external department relationships within the City.
- Evaluates policies, programs, and operations.
- Sets work priorities, supervises, motivates, and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Evaluates workload, assignments, and resolves interpersonal conflicts among staff.
- Reviews current procedures, work processes, and makes revisions to procedures and processes to improve customer service and operational efficiency.
- Performs other related duties as assigned