Lalit is a Security executive and strong IT leader with professional track record of successfully establishing Cyber Security Programs and helping his clients be secure, vigilant and resilient in the face of constantly evolving cyber threat landscape. He leads the North America Security practice for Public Sector & Higher Education and diverse portfolio of security initiatives for Accenture. Lalit has extensive knowledge of the cybersecurity landscape and has served in almost every IT capacity, including Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and Chief Information Officer (CIO).
He has over 18 years of experience in the consulting space delivering and managing enterprise wide cyber programs ranging from Security Architecture, Assessment and Strategy, Identity and Access Management (IAM), Application Security, Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM), Information Security Policies and Standards, Information Asset Management, and data protection/privacy. He is a thought leader in cyber space and authored several white papers published in different media forums. Lalit is also an active speaker and contributes to various Cyber Security forums and conferences (NASCIO, NGA and Others)to help clients understand and develop enterprise cyber risk programs.
Some of the career highlights include:
- Served in the role of CISO for several organizations
- Won the CIO/CTO – Excellence in Cyber Security Awards for one of the top 10 largest cities in the US
- Recipient of 40 under 40 Award by Business Journals for work in Cyber Security
- Assists organizations with achieving certification – FISMA, FedRAMP, ISO, SOC-2, HIPAA – while enhancing security posture and growing the best cyber security teams with 100% retention rate
- Authored dozens of Articles and White Papers, spoken at numerous engagements, and on several board / committees representing cyber security