How to Develop a Report
Learning & Process
How to Navigate AMS
Ready to Apply
Winners & Reviewers
Winning Reports & Past Reviewers
COA Program Winners from 2019 to Present
GFOA congratulates the more than 4,300 governments that annually receive the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting!
Governments that participate in the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting (COA) Program are asked to submit their report within six months of the end of the fiscal year. GFOA's review process typically requires an additional six months.
Therefore, the most recent program year for which the program results are available is generally for annual comprehensive financial reports with fiscal years that ended in the previous calendar year. The list of current winners is updated as certificates are issued.
How to Find COA Winners
1. Go to COA Award Winners, and enter your search criteria. To refine your search by specifying state, entity type, year, etc. click on “Advanced Search for COA Award Winners”.
2. Enter the search criteria in the 'Search in WebLink' box.
3. Press the magnifying glass icon.
4. Click “'Advanced Search for COA Award Winners” to refine the search by specifying state, entity type, year, etc.
- For logging in to the AMS, a volunteer reviewer’s username is his or her GFOA member number. See FAQs for more information.
To Apply to be a Volunteer Reviewer
To Update Your Volunteer Contact Information, Availability, or Report Type Preferences
Signing into AMS
To Complete a Review
Current Members of Special Review Executive Comittee