Note Disclosures and Required Supplementary Information (RSI) for Pensions and Other Postemployment Benefits (OPEB)
Basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles for state and local governments.
Field of Study
This seminar will provide a comprehensive examination of all pension- and OPEB-related note disclosures and RSI that must be presented with the basic financial statements of public employee retirement system (PERS) plans, as well as governmental employers that provide these benefits to their employees.
Those completing this seminar will be able to:
- Identify the sources of guidance for accounting and financial reporting for pensions and OPEB
- Distinguish between a defined benefit plan vs. a defined contribution plan
- Distinguish between the different types of defined benefit plans
- Identify when a special funding situation exists
- Determine the note disclosure and RSI requirements for public employee retirement system plans
- Identify the important elements of an employer’s note disclosure and RSI requirements for each type of plan
Who Will Benefit
CFO/Finance Director, Controller, Accountant, and Auditor