Progress on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Below is information regarding initiatives, projects, and programs related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- GFOA scholarship for minority students
- Identified diversity as part of selection criteria for GFOA Executive Board
- Intentional effort to recruit diverse volunteers for GFOA committees, trainers, speakers, and appointed representatives
Understanding Current Diversity
- Effort to measure diverse candidates as part of application process
- Effort to measure diversity of GFOA membership
GFOA formed partnerships with National Forum for Black Public Administrators and Local Government Hispanic Network to further diversity goals.
Amended GFOA Bylaws to include DEI
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
GFOA will promote diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DEI”) in the government finance profession, and within GFOA, and the Executive Board, or its designee(s), may from time to time adopt policies to further those goals.