- AMS login credentials are different from your GFOA login
- AMS Login credentials are issued to the government and are sent to the email address of the contact person who registered the government in the AMS.
- The AMS username is always the government’s GFOA member ID number. You can find this number on the Detailed Listing of Comments and Suggestions for Improvement that you received from GFOA last year.
- The only time you use your personal GFOA login credentials is to register your government in the AMS
- Emails from the AMS will come from email@example.com. Ask your IT department to add that email address to the “allow” list to ensure you receive password reset and other important emails about your Certificate.
Having Trouble Logging in to the AMS?
Check out these tips before calling or emailing:
1.) Use the correct link to AMS based on what you need to do:
- Register your government in the AMS: https://estore.gfoa.org/imis15/CAFRAWARD
- Submit an application or request an extension: https://lf.gfoa.org/Forms
- Retrieve your award documents: https://lf.gfoa.org/laserfiche
2.) Enter your government’s GFOA member number as the username, not your personal GFOA member number or personal GFOA login credentials. The only time you use your personal GFOA login is to register your government in the AMS.
3.) You will receive an email with your government’s AMS username and temporary password. The first time you log in with those credentials, your password will be expired and you will see the screen below.You can reset your own password by typing a password of your choice in the spaces provided.
4.) After the first time, you will see the screen below when you log in to the AMS. Type your government’s GFOA member ID number in the User name field.If you don’t know the password, click the “forgot password” link and a reset link will be sent to the email address of the contact person who registered your government in the AMS.
5.) Did you click the “forgot password” link but didn’t get the password reset email?
a. Be sure you are logging in using the right link to access the system (from #1 above), not the GFOA e-store link.
b. Be sure you are able to receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org
c. Someone else from your government may have registered your government and the password reset email is going to that person’s email address. Don’t know who registered your government? Email GFOA and provide your government’s GFOA member ID and ask for the name of the person listed as the AMS contact.
6.) Did you try to access your organization’s account and receive an email stating an account has already been created for your organization’s ID?
a. If you already have your organization’s AMS login credentials, you are logging in to the wrong link. See question #1 above for the correct login link.
b. If you attempting to register your organization, this message means that someone else already registered your government. Don’t know who registered your government? Email GFOA and provide your government’s GFOA member ID and ask for the name of the person listed as the AMS contact.