Budget volunteer reviewers will now receive and complete review assignments in GFOA’s Awards Management System (AMS). Reviewers will access the budget document and the scoring and comments form in the AMS. When a review assignment is made reviewers will receive an email with a link to a Volunteer Confirmation form.
Reviewers must accept or decline the review assignment within 7 days. If accepted, the reviewer will have three weeks to complete the review. If the review is not accepted within 7 days, it will be re-assigned to another reviewer.
To accept or decline a review assignment:
- Click the link in the assignment email or go to https://lf.gfoa.org/Forms. You will be asked to log in to the AMS. Your AMS username is your personal GFOA member ID number. If you already have an AMS login as a COA reviewer, you will use the same login and password for Budget reviews. If you don’t already have an AMS login, click “forgot password” and then “send recovery email” and you will get a password reset link.
- If you clicked the link in the email, you should see the Volunteer Confirmation Form. If logged in using the link in step 1, go to Open Tasks and open the Volunteer Confirmation Form.
- If you cannot accept this assignment, click “Decline.” If you can complete this review, click “Accept.” Failure to complete this step within 7 days will result in the review being reassigned to another reviewer; you will not be able to complete this review at a later date.
- Click “Submit”.
- You will then see the review form. You can begin the review immediately or you can save a draft to return to later.
To complete your review:
- Log into the AMS as noted above.
- Go to Open Tasks list in your Inbox and click on the task name to open the review form. The review form will have two tabs. The Information tab will have details about the government and links to the Budget, Detailed Location Criteria Guide and their responses to the prior year comments, if submitted. The second tab has space for you to make comments about each category and mark a grade for each.
- You are required to enter comments for any scores other than a 3. Please enter positive comments as well as suggestions for improvement.
- Click the radio button for “Complete Review” and then click the blue “Complete” button.