Annually GFOA's Women Public Finance Network (WPFN) seeks members to volunteer their time in supporting the activities of WPFN through three committees:
- Communications. The Communications Committee identifies an editorial calendar, develops content, and identifies materials to engage members for WPFN’s monthly newsletter.
- Programming and Education. The Programming and Education Committee identifies topics and speakers for potential webinars and events and helps facilitate discussion during WPFN virtual networking events.
- Mentorship. The Mentorship Committee supports WPFN’s annual mentorship program, including potential pairings and development of resources for mentors and mentees.
Each committee is led by two co-chairs and is supported by a GFOA staff liaison. Each committee includes 10 people or fewer.
- Committee members must be active GFOA and WPFN members.
- If you are a GFOA member but not a WPFN member, you can register to be a WPFN by clicking here.
Program Format and Duration
- The committee term formally starts July 1 and extends through June 30 for a period of one year.
- WPFN committee members are expected to participate in periodic calls to work on activities to support the committee and WPFN. The anticipated time commitment will be 1-2 hours per month, split between committee meetings and outside preparation.
Want to hear what WPFN members are saying?
GFOA's Elizabeth Fu spoke with members of WPFN's committees on communication, programming/education, and mentorship. Listen to learn how these members became involved and their experiences on the committees.