Greg is a managing director in Ernst & Young LLP’s Insurance & Federal Claims Services practice. He has extensive experience with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), as well as military and financial services industry experience. Greg’s diverse experience, including over 30 years of leadership, in government, military, and the financial services industry offers a unique skill set to think critically in strategy development to successful execution of large and demanding projects. His experience and perspectives have led to challenging roles such as the FEMA Region 6 Recovery Division Director assigned to the most active FEMA region in the country and as a Federal Coordinating Officer leading Presidentially declared major disasters.
- Since March 2020, Greg has assisted over 35 clients with COVID-19 recovery-related services by helping them navigate the complex eligibility requirements of FEMA’s Public Assistance Program, the Fiscal Recovery Fund, and the Coronavirus Relief Fund and the Provider Relief Fund under the CARES Act. His focus has been addressing complex duplication of benefits issues across the various funding sources, and he has aided federal funding recipients in understanding eligibility rules and developing strategies for their recovery including CARES Act, ARPA, and FEMA grant programs. Greg has been instrumental in the submission of over $345 million in FEMA Public Assistance projects for COVID clients and assisting as a subject-matter resource on over 50 complex COVID-19 projects.
- Assisted the Town of Paradise in all aspects of their recovery from the devastating Camp Fire. This includes supporting the efforts to draft the Town Recovery Plan. Submitting a complex insurance claim to the joint pool of insurers, submitting Public Assistance projects across all categories of work. He was a key driver in the approval of removal of Standing Burnt Trees from private property that threatened both public and private roads. In addition, he assisted the Town in submitting 12 Hazard Mitigation Grant Program Projects with an estimate benefit of over $30 million.
- Greg assisted the Oklahoma Department of Commerce in a Duplication of Benefits Analysis for the Department’s Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG-DR). The 2013 and 2014 grant allocation of $93.7 provided funding to 46 projects for 17 different applicants. The analysis included an evaluation of funding from insurance, various FEMA grant programs, Small Business Association, and donated resources
- As a FEMA Federal Coordinating Officer, Greg served as the primary federal official in establishing and maintaining a relationship with state leadership in providing disaster relief and assistance through program implementation. He served as a subject matter specialist in implementing disaster assistance programs under the Stafford Act and communicated with state leadership.
Education and certifications:
- M.S., Financial Management – Naval Post Graduate School – California
M.A., Homeland Defense – Naval Post Graduate School – California
Certified Emergency Manager, CEM, International Association of Emergency Managers