- Go to https://lf.gfoa.org/Forms. If you are not already logged in to the AMS, you will need to enter the government’s username and password to login. (See Quick Facts below for login information.)
- Select “Start Process” in the blue band at the top of the screen.
- Click on the green “Start” button to the right of “Check COA Status.”
- Select the Fiscal Year of the application you want to check.
- If you would like to receive an email every time the application advances from one stage to the next in the review process, enter and confirm your email address at the bottom of the form, then click the “Subscribe to Status Updates” button.
Below is a list of statuses you might see:
Eligibility Validation. When we first receive an application, we look to make sure that the application has been filled out correctly and that we have the information and documents that we need. We also look at several items within the annual report to determine if the report is eligible to receive the Certificate. If we need more information or if the report is not eligible to receive the Certificate, we will contact you.
In Review. After Eligibility Validation, an application is put in a queue to be reviewed. As the application moves up the queue, it will be assigned to a volunteer reviewer as well as an internal GFOA reviewer. The application is then reviewed by an internal final reviewer.
Final Processing. When all the reviews have been completed, an editor proofs the comments that were given and the grading that accompanies those comments. The editor also prepares the final result documents that will be shared with the government.
Complete. The review has been completed and the result documents can be found in the Repository.
- When logging in, the username will be the government’s GFOA member number. If you do not remember the password, please see FAQs for instructions for resetting the password.
- We try to complete reviews within six months of receiving applications. GFOA's efforts to deal with COVID-19 and to ensure a successful implementation of the AMS have temporarily lengthened the turnaround time for the Certificate award decisions. Our current turnaround time is approximately nine months, but we are working hard to reduce that time frame back to the normal time of six months. Thank you for your patience as we resolve this temporary backlog.