GFOA is pleased to introduce our Awards Management System (AMS) for the COA Award Program. COA agencies will now submit their comprehensive annual financial report and application through the AMS and will retrieve their results in the system once the review is completed. The AMS is provided by Laserfiche, a name which you will see when you log into your account. Below are some guidelines for getting started.
- AMS login credentials are different from your GFOA login
- AMS Login credentials are issued to the government and are sent to the email address of the contact person who registered the government in the AMS.
- The AMS username is always the government’s GFOA member ID number. You can find this number on the Detailed Listing of Comments and Suggestions for Improvement that you received from GFOA last year.
- The only time you use your personal GFOA login credentials is to register your government in the AMS
- Emails from the AMS will come from email@example.com Ask your IT department to whitelist that email address to ensure you receive password reset and other important emails about your COA.
Register Your Government In The AMS
Submit An Application Or Request An Extension
Retrieve Your Award Documents
Having trouble using the AMS?
AMS Quick Start Instructions
Checking Application Status
GFOA’s normal turnaround time is six months from the date of application submission. We are currently experiencing a delay due to COVID-19 but we are working hard to reduce our backlog and return to our normal time of six months after submission.If you’d like to check on the status of your COA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you submitted your application in the AMS, you can sign up for application status updates by clicking the box below.
Need Help Using GFOA’s New Awards Management System?
COA Program Application Process - Instructional Video
GFOA staff has prepared a training video that walks through the steps to using the new Awards Management System.
Awards Management System - End User Documentation
Download instructions for registering with the awards management system, submitting a COA award application, and navigating the information in the system.
COA Program Award Submission FAQ
View FAQ with answers on how to use GFOA's new awards management system