CPFO - Treasury and Investment Management Outline
Governments have a myriad of responsibilities related to treasury operations. The exam will cover best practices in investing, and treasury operations.
Treasury and Investement Management Outline
Banking and Merchant Services (10%)
Fraud Prevention (10%)
Cash Flow Forecasting (10%)
GFOA recommends that CPFO candidate review the following materials to prepare for the exam.
GFOA Best Practices
GFOA best practices are developed by GFOA's Committee on Treasury and Investment Management and represent the organization's recommended practices in common areas related to treasury.
Research Reports and Publications
- Maintaining Treasury Operations During COVID-19
- Getting Unstuck: How to Get Through Your Bank Reconciliation, GFR, June 2020
GFOA offers the following training seminars that will help prepare for the planning and budget exam:
- Treasury Management Best Practices – Overview Training
- Essential Tools for Effective Payables Policies and Procedures in the Treasury Office
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Best Practices and Strategies for Public Investing
- Overview of Receivables Function
View GFOA's Events Calendar
Additional Web Resources
Please contact Eric Roach or email GFOA with questions.
Last updated January 18, 2022