Helpful information about the COVID-19 Relief Fund
- $150 billion in direct aid specifically for COVID-19 related expenses to states (minimum of $1.25 billion), tribal governments, territories and local governments over the population of 500,000 people.
- Allocated through population based formula.
- Local governments with populations below 500K go through states
- Congressional Research Service Report: COVID-19 Aid State and Local Allocations
- GFOA Member Alert: Coronavirus Relief Fund
- Coronavirus Relief Fund FAQ (6.24.2020 Update)
Click here to view information from the U.S. Department of Treasury.