Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly qualified Controller to join our innovative public-sector organization with an excellent benefits package which includes medical/dental/life, defined benefit pension and 457 retirement savings plan with employer match, annual leave/paid time off, paid holidays and a 9/80 work schedule. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller plans, organizes, and directs the work of supervisory, professional, technical and clerical accounting staff in the preparation of a variety of financial and accounting records. There will be an immediate opportunity to prepare for an upcoming audit and longer-term opportunities to gain broader exposure through participation in agency-wide initiatives.
Examples of key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of financial statements and reports, including collecting, interpreting, and reporting of data to provide status of organization’s financial condition.
- Act as principal liaison with external auditors; ensure timely issuance and distribution of audited financial reports.
- Review, update, monitor and enforce policies and procedures to support effective internal controls.
- Assist in monitoring the financial accounting system, as well as the ADP payroll and business intelligence software systems.
- Review processing and ensure accuracy of payables and payroll.
- Serve as principal liaison with banking institutions; review monthly bank fee analysis for appropriateness of charges; review and approve banking disbursements.
- Monitor compliance with master indentures of trust; assure receipts and disbursements between funds are made correctly; work with Director of Finance and Manager, Treasury Operations, on forecasts of indenture funds.
- Assist in planning, development and execution of new initiatives. Identify opportunities for improvements, including revenue opportunities, operating efficiencies, cost reductions and systems enhancements.
- Select, train, and coach employees to maximize employee engagement and productivity.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE The ideal candidate for the Controller position will bring a strong audit background and proven accounting and financial reporting experience; be a proactive, big-picture thinker who also has a strong detail-orientation; and have demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively with others to move concepts, projects and work assignments toward timely and successful completion.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or a closely-related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- CPA license
- Demonstrated successful experience in professional accounting/auditing management and related administrative experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Auditing principles and practices
- Internal financial controls
- Financial reporting, including generally accepted accounting principles and practices; experience with government financial reporting is also desirable
- Financial Administration, including automated financial systems such as ledgers, journals, reconciliations, and general ledger accounting, and record keeping practices
- Ability to develop, organize, and prepare narrative and statistical reports to explain or record financial transactions, revenue sources, and status of accounts
- Financial and accounting software and spreadsheet skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and political savvy; ability to work both cooperatively and independently
- Effective employee performance management techniques
- Ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures and rules
Please review the job description on our website for more information about the position: https://thetollroads.com/about/careers
If you are interested and qualified, please submit a resumé along with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the job and how your qualifications are especially relevant to this position as soon as possible to: email@example.com, Resumés will be considered as they are received. This posting may close at any time.