CITY OF BOULDER CITY, NEVADA
Invites your interest in the position of ACCOUNTING MANAGER $96,078.00 Annual Salary
Required Qualifications The ideal candidate is expected to possess a thorough knowledge of principles and practices of governmental accounting, auditing, and financial standards; and public administration theory and best practices; operational principles and concepts related to the programs, services, and activities of a Finance Department, government municipality, or large organization; Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB); supervisory practices and procedures, including methods for selecting employees, providing training, conducting performance evaluations, and administering disciplinary procedures, including managing employees through multiple levels of supervision; modern office procedures, practices, methods, and equipment, including computer hardware and software applications utilized in financial record keeping; best practices as applied to providing excellent customer service throughout the organization; advanced methods and techniques of statistical and financial analysis; principles, practices, and methods of budget preparation and strategic planning and administration; methods and techniques of public relations; pertinent federal, state and local laws, ordinances, codes, rules, regulations, and grant requirements pertaining to governmental accounting systems; advanced methods and techniques of data collection, research, and report preparation.
Understand, interpret, and apply administrative and office policies and procedures, including pertinent laws, regulations, and ordinances; collect, evaluate, and interpret complex information and data; and develop accounting and financial spreadsheets; prepare a broad range of accurate, clear, and concise administrative, financial, statistical, and narrative reports, correspondence, and other written materials.
Skill in analyzing problems from the perspective of the accounting profession; identifying alternative solutions; projecting consequences of proposed actions; and implementing recommendations. Reading, understanding, interpreting, applying, and explaining applicable laws, codes, regulations, contracts, grant requirements, and accounting concepts and formulas. Maintaining effective relationships with customers and regulatory agencies; meeting the public in situations requiring diplomacy and tact; and dealing constructively with conflict and recommending effective resolutions. Effectively communicating verbally and in writing; and effectively communicate with individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic, and culturally diverse backgrounds. Exercising sound judgment in handling sensitive issues; and preparing, presenting, and maintaining complete, accurate, and concise reports, memorandums, and letters.
Education and Experience Any combination equivalent to: Bachelor's degree in Accounting and Business Administration with specialization in finance and five years of progressively responsible accounting and financial experience preferably in the public sector.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is desired.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS: Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or border state driver's license, as defined by NRS 483.
- Compensation The annual salary for this position is $96,078.00
- Medical Insurance – Provided through Teamsters Trust and the City pays 100% of the employees premium.
- Dental Insurance – Provided through Teamsters Trust and the City pays 100% of the employees premium.
- Vision Insurance – Provided through Teamsters Trust and the City pays 100% of the employees premium.
- Life Insurance – $25,000 provided through Standard Insurance Company. The City pays 100% of the premium.
- Retirement – Provided through the Nevada Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS). The City of Boulder City provides an Employer Pay Contribution Plan (EPC). Under this pre-tax plan, the employer pays the total PERS contribution on your behalf. You pay for your half of the PERS contribution through a salary reduction or in lieu of a pay raise.
- Holidays – Eleven and a half holidays and an additional floating holiday per calendar year.
- Leave Benefits – First year you will have 120 hours annual leave available with increasing accrual rates based on tenure milestones. Sick leave accrues at 10 hours per month and other leaves are available.
How to Apply Qualified applicants must complete an application at www.bcnv.org/careers. Appointment subject to complete background investigation and City-paid pre-employment, post-offer physical examination.