The San Diego Airport Authority is proud of its team members. We have a high performing culture and challenge ourselves through innovation…we work fast, value each other and have fun along the way.
The Accounting department is looking for a professional individual with demonstrated technical accounting and analytical skills in a Senior Accountant role. The ideal candidate will perform complex general accounting, cost accounting duties, and be responsible for coordination of the annual audit. Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs complex and technical accounting functions, including month-end and year-end closing calculations, analyses, schedules, journal entries and reconciliations to produce accurate financial reports and footnotes; conducts expenditure analyses, identifies and researches issues, errors and problems and develops and provides recommendations to ensure issues are fully resolved.
- Maintains capital program cost accounting records, including oversight of program expenditures, accruals and journal entries; ensures the accuracy of overhead and other cost assumptions and allocations; reconciles capital program work-in-progress; performs program cost variance and other analyses; compiles program cost reports for department and project managers; works closely with Capital Program Cost Analysts and other staff to advise on issues related to capital project cost activity.
- Provides strong leadership to the department in the preparation for and completion of the annual audit and Consolidated Annual Financial Report. Coordinates with auditors in compiling annual financial reports, including footnotes, supporting schedules and work papers; works with staff to prepare for the financial audit throughout the year. Also responsible for other agency and industry reporting requirements.
- Conducts research and analyses related to GAAP and GASB standards and pronouncements, and other accounting related subjects. Prepares comprehensive communications, including impact of potential or pending changes in accounting standards; develops implementation plan and leads execution of the plan.
- Critical Evaluation: Ability to analyze and define a problem, evaluate alternative solutions, and identify an optimal solution; listens and clarifies information as needed.Judgement & Decision Making: Ability to use appropriate judgement and confidentiality in selecting procedures, conducting transactions with other departments, vendors and the public and solving non-routine problems based on experience-based knowledge.
- Communication: Effectively exchange information with stakeholders through various avenues, including but not limited to verbal, written, facilitation, and persuasion.
- Time Management & Coordination: Ability to prioritize rapidly moving deadlines and various tasks to meet department needs and manage personal workflow.
- Attention to Detail: Thorough in accomplishing tasks to ensure accuracy.
- Leveraging Technology: Proficient in computer systems, word processing, SAP, Oracle/Edwards, Timberline or Sage.
Experience & Education:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in accounting, finance, business administration or a closely related field; and
- Seven years of progressively responsible professional accounting experience; or
- Equivalent combination of training and experience.
- CPA or public accounting experience preferred but not required.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Physical and Mental Demands:
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.