To ensure the continued operation of the Utility Billing Department by supervising assigned personnel. Directly responsible for accuracy of the monthly billing of the utility user fees (including water, sewer, sanitation and storm water). Supervise daily revenue collections and customer relations.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
• Receives general direction from the Finance Director. • Directly supervises the Utility Billing Coordinator(s) and Utility Billing Clerk(s)
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervise daily revenue collection providing direction regarding procedures, customer care issues and processes/procedures. • Interacts with public and staff on a daily basis; answering inquiries, addresses complaints, grievances and assist customers as needed. • Monitor department staff for accuracy, timeliness and quality of response to customers. • Investigates, resolves issues that may involve an irate customer and responds in a professional manner to complex billing inquiries and complaints escalated by staff. • Maintains proper control to ensure the safeguarding of all assets held in the Utility Billing Department. • Ensure PCI both in office and online, red flag, and cash handling compliance. • Analyze utility accounts for proper billing, review questionable bills, recheck usage and charges, and prepare any needed corrections. Answer billing and account questions. • Monitor daily customer account transactions including new service, payments, transfers, cancellations of service and customer inquiries. • Reviews records and reports to determine causes of discrepancies, problems or errors and takes action. • Discuss payment options with customers and approve agreements.
• Comprehends related Town ordinances and interprets them in response to public inquiry. • Develop written policies for department procedures and suggest changes to improve operations. • Recruits, interviews and makes hiring decision regarding staff, provide or coordinates employee training. • Monitors work flow; evaluates work products, methods, and procedures; works with employees to correct deficiencies; provides and/or coordinates employee cross training. • Evaluates staff and prepares performance reviews, counsels subordinates regarding disciplinary action up to and including termination recommendation. • Prepares and administers the department's budget and monitors expenditures. • Processes returned checks by maintaining spreadsheet with returned items, adjusts accounts, makes contact with customer and following up to ensure resolution for collection. • Review and monitor department timesheets to ensure accuracy and supervise schedules, vacations, overtime, etc. • Reviews customer refunds posted to STW and transferred to Accounts Payable for check processing. • Prepares consumption report used to calculate rates through rate study analysis. • Submit ideas to PR representative for Utility Billing newsletter providing final approval prior to printing. • Review daily deposits for Utility Billing and cash receipts, create and post journal entries. • Create and maintain billing spreadsheets used for analysis by Finance Director. • Audits billing adjustments to accounts, including leak adjustments, public works charges and winter average adjustments. • Ensures adherence to records retention policy.
• Search Town's GIS layers to locate town water assets and connect work orders, accounts and applicable fees to these assets. • Issue Hazardous Household Waste Vouchers to customers with correct verification. • Act as third party vendor for North Texas Tollway Authority • Assist with annual rate review as needed. • Perform related work and other duties as required.
• Modern office procedures, methods and equipment. • Proper public contact and telephone etiquette. • Business letter writing and basic report preparation. • English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation. • Basic mathematical principles. • Principles and procedures of record keeping. • Computer skills using Windows, Microsoft Office applications, Web Browser
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing • Prepare clear and accurate correspondence, documents and reports. • Prioritize and organize various assignments in order to produce efficient results. • Self-direct and manage efforts of Utility Billing function. • Provide tactful and appropriate responses to inquiries from the public, other departments or agencies. • Establish and maintain cooperative-working relationships with those contacted in the course of work. • Ability to schedule and coordinate meetings. • Communicate in Spanish both verbally and in writing preferred.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Five years of continuous customer service, office, and cash/check handling experience with at least three years of increasing responsibility within a Utility billing department.
• Must possess a High School Diploma or GED and some college credit with coursework in accounting, business or related field. Bachelor's Degree is highly preferred.
License or Certification:
• Must possess a current\valid Texas driver's license. • Must be bondable. • Must be able to become a Notary Public within one month of employment, if required.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. • Occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. • Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 1O pounds. • Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. • May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing and data entry.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee must have ability to maintain concentration in the midst of interruptions and background noise.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description is not an employment agreement, contact agreement, or contract. Management has exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.