Position Title: Manager / Director – Debt Management
Reports To: Senior Director of Energy Accounting and Reporting
FLSA Status: Exempt
Potential candidates must be ready to be a leader within the organization, have strong analytical skills, be comfortable making decisions, and strive to continually learn and grow.
- Manages all aspects of debt issuance and maintenance, including debt structuring, investor and rating agency relations, monitoring conditions of master trust indentures, overall compliance with regulations and continuing disclosure requirements.
- Takes the lead in Official Statement preparation, due diligence, review of power purchase agreements, presentations for the Board of Trustees, investors and rating agencies, and responds to internal and external requests for information.
- Monitors debt service reserve funds, rate covenants, additional bonds test, tax exempt status and overall management of taxable and tax-exempt municipal bond obligations.
- Coordinates the development and maintenance of strong relationships with rating agencies (Moody’s, Standard & Poor’s, and Fitch), investors, underwriters, financial advisors, and bank syndicate members.
- Partners with outside engineering firms, financial advisors, investment bankers, underwriters, bond trustee, legal, tax and bond counsel in the preparation of feasibility studies, Official Statements, investment strategies, access to federal subsidies, arbitrage compliance oversight, and voluntary disclosures.
- Monitors key credit elements such as debt service coverage, financial soundness and credit quality of all members through collaboration with the Member Credit Compliance team.
- Ongoing evaluation of financing alternatives including the Ohio Market Access Program credit enhancement program, monitoring of credit risk and interest rate risk.
- Collaborates with outside consultants, local elected officials, city management, and city councils in member communities to provide guidance and advice on rate structures, cost of service studies, and project financing options.
- Leverages technology to streamline and automate critical functions relating to debt management strategies and treasury operations.
- Will serve as a subject matter expert in the design and implementation of the Oracle Treasury module incorporating industry best practices as it relates to debt management.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to fiscal accountability, financial stewardship and public service.
- Role model for cultivating enhanced accountability, transparency, and integrity of financial information, establishing sound financial policies and best practices, and instilling a culture of continuous improvement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of relevant financial experience, with demonstrated leadership and management skills required.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of municipal capital markets required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to have one on one interactions with Board Members and make presentations to the Board of Trustees.
- Open-minded, active listener who consistently displays composure and decisiveness.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial statement and credit analyses.
- Champion for quality and timeliness, persists despite obstacles, challenges others to do the same.
- Proactively initiates prompt action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Occasional travel may be required.