Institutional fixed income investment adviser with $17 billion in assets under management is seeking a Portfolio Strategist to work in a team environment with other highly skilled professionals to manage our clients’ institutional and retail investment grade fixed income portfolios.
A senior level Portfolio Strategist is actively involved at a high level in both the portfolio management process and in maintaining and building client relationships. The role will include touching all aspects of portfolio management, which may include more detailed level advanced portfolio analysis, macro-economic research, and fixed income. Additionally, all members of the Investment Team interact frequently with the other departments at Chandler, including the Sales and Marketing Team.
- Meet with clients, and prospective clients, on a regularly scheduled basis to review their account activity and financial market conditions.
- Work with clients and prospects to develop risk profiles and portfolio strategies.
- Act as a product and technical expert supporting our sales process.
- Participate actively in the portfolio management process at a high level.
- Initiate and carryout macro-economic and fundamental investment research.strategies.
- Participate and contribute to the investment strategy meetings with the entire Chandler Investment Team. Committees may include economic and market analysis, credit, sector, quantitative, etc.
- Maintain an active dialogue with all members of the Investment Team to facilitate teamwork and contribute to achieving our client’s investment objectives.
- Day to day monitoring of client portfolios ensuring compliance and consistency with investment objectives.
- Monitor developments in the financial markets to maintain an understanding of current and anticipated trends and how they may affect Chandler’s client portfolios. Remain informed, and keep the Team informed, about current market developments.
- Develop new products and strategies as directed by the Chief Investment Officer.
- Actively contribute to the communication of Chandler strategies and market opinions that keep our clients and prospective clients informed about Chandler’s process and investment outlook.
- White Papers as needed for publication, distribution to our clients, prospective clients, and website.
- Provide oral presentations to industry groups and at educational seminars regarding fundamental issues and processes of fixed income portfolio management.
- Build and maintain relationships with colleagues, peers, and industry groups to keep abreast of industry changes that may be of interest or impact to our clients.
- Regarding Chandler’s managed account business and other “consultant driven” businesses, maintain relationships with consultants, brokers, and others who act as intermediaries between Chandler and the managed account’s clients.
- Willingness to travel frequently to meet with clients, prospects, and attend industry events.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years of experience in fixed income asset management.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, MBA and/or CFA desirable.
- Experience working with public agencies desirable.
- Extensive experience interacting with client regarding fixed income portfolios.
- Expert knowledge of the asset management business and processes.
- Expert knowledge of financial markets and managing fixed income portfolios.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Performance oriented.
- Client oriented.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
- Ability to work autonomously as a contributing team member.
- Sense of initiative, dynamism.
- Excellent interpersonal and general communication skills.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com