Department/Agency of position:
City of Dade City
Location of position:
Dade City, FL
$64,230.82 – $96,346.33
Wednesday, July 24, 2019
Saturday, August 24, 2019
- Plans, evaluates, and directs the policies, programs, and operations related to the financial and budgetary activities of City government.
- Directs the collection and custody of City funds.
- Supervision of employees including utility billing and accounts receivable, unless otherwise directed by the City Commission.
- Supervises the disbursement of City funds, including the processing of payroll and accounts payable.
- Maintains the general accounting system for the City in accordance with generally accepted governmental accounting principles.
- Directs and performs investment activities and bond management programs as directed by the City Commission.
- Oversees data processing functions to maintain integrity and security of information.
- Confers with the City Manager in preparing budgets and establishing controls for budget administration.
- Confers with the City Manager and department heads regarding fiscal and accounting policies, procedures and problems.
- Maintains records for pension plans, including Social Security and federal withholding.
- Prepares and distributes financial reports.
- Assists external auditors in the preparation of the audited financial statements.
- Knowledge of the general laws and administrative policies governing municipal finance and budgetary practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the laws, ordinances and regulations governing financial operations of the City.
- Ability to formulate and implement standard accounting methods, procedures, forms and records.
- Ability to prepare complex financial reports and forecast financial position.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or a related field is required.
- Ten (10) years of experience in governmental accounting in a responsible management position
- Certified Government Finance Officer status or ability to attain within three (3) years from date of hire.
- A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
- Supervises all staff in the Finance office.