This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer. Duties include but are not limited to managing and coordinating the business and fiscal activities of the County. Manages the County’s annual budget process. Plans, organizes and controls financial and management support functions. Manages accounting support resources, processes and personnel; reviews journal entries and budget amendments: reviews financial statements and other financial documents; ensures the timeliness and accuracy of financial reports and control activities as well as compliance with state and federal regulations, standards, principles, and business practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Seven (7) years accounting or finance management experience including county budget development and oversight; governmental accounting experience strongly preferred • Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft products
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
Please submit application, cover letter with salary requirements, and resume at: www.beaufortcountysc.gov/employment
Beaufort County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.