Characteristics of the Job:
- Directs, administers, and coordinates the activities of the Finance Department in support of policies, goals, and objectives established by the City through overseeing the management, direction, and development of all plans, procedures, and policies associated with the functions of accounting, budgeting, finance and treasury.
- Currently, the Finance Director manages four full-time employees, as well as overseeing contracted assessing and IT services.
Position Overview, Skills & Abilities:
- Manage treasury functions including the collection of all City revenue; investment of City Funds; overall cash management; supervise the processing of all accounting transactions, payables, receivables, general ledger, payroll, utility accounting, assessing, capital planning, year-end accounting procedures; IT services and risk management functions.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of acceptable practices and standards in accounting, auditing, budgeting, investment management, and debt financing; thorough knowledge of the laws and regulations that impact the work performed and supervised.
- Utilize exceptional skill in public, employee and labor relations, and in maintaining effective working relationships, skill in developing innovative solutions, making persuasive business presentations and supervising employees.
- Have the ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of information encountered in the course of employment; analyze and interpret complex documents; respond effectively to sensitive inquiries; write clear specialized reports and correspondence; effectively present information and respond to questions on complex topics to a variety of audiences; define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; interpret an extensive variety of financial, legal and technical materials; deal with several abstract and concrete variables in an assortment of formats.
Please view the City's website for a full job description.
Required Training & Experience:
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in administration, accounting, or finance and five years of progressively responsible supervisory experience in finance; or equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. A Master’s degree in administration, accounting, or finance and/or CPA, CPFO, etc. is strongly preferred.
Salary & Benefits
- This position’s current salary range is $99,185 – $130,509.
- An excellent benefits package is also available and includes health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, paid holidays, paid time off, and membership in the Wisconsin Retirement System.
How to Apply Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume and a completed City of Mequon Employment Application to: email@example.com or City of Mequon, Human Resources, 11333 N. Cedarburg Road, Mequon, WI 53092 by 4:00 p.m. on. Monday, October 7. First-round interviews are anticipated to take place during the week of October 14.
Please visit the City of Mequon website (www.ci.mequon.wi.us) to view additional details about the position.