Washington-based trade association seeks a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who serves as a key member of the senior leadership team and is responsible for the strategic leadership, the management of finances and the information technology functions of the association and its affiliate organizations. The CFO directs the effective and efficient operation of the Association’s financial function to include oversite of the following: budget operations, annual financial audit, compliance with financial policies and procedures, direction of investments/assets, high-level reporting to the board of directors and executive committee, management of the finance and audit committees as well as maintenance of corporate insurance policies. This individual also manages the information technology function including the database, website and employee requests and works closely with the Vice President, Human Resources & Administration to coordinate the administration of employee benefits and retirement plans as well as handling regulatory filings.
- A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible managerial experience in the accounting/finance field;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration from an accredited college/university (graduate degree and CPA preferred).
- Non-profit/association experience is a plus.
- Must have excellent analytical, presentation as well as oral and written communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail along with advanced knowledge/utilization of Excel and previous experience with accounting software such as Great Plains are also required.
- Must be able to travel to meetings and conferences as needed.
We offer a convenient Metro location, excellent benefits and competitive salary. Please email cover letter and resume to Vice President, Human Resources & Administration at email@example.com. EOE Principals Only