The purpose of this position is to coordinate the development, implementation, and evaluation of performance management initiatives and coordinate related administrative projects and programs for the City which will lead to organizational efficiency and effectiveness. This is accomplished by researching acceptable performance measures; coordinating research and results with staff representatives; preparing information on related projects; formulating project plans; providing direction and coordination; presenting recommendations; researching information; following up on provided information; and compiling and presenting results and reports. Other duties include maintaining records; developing and preparing correspondence; representing the City during meetings and events; and assisting with budget preparation and monitoring.
Develops strategic plans and objectives by researching statistics and related data; contacting similar organizations; developing rules and methodologies on collection and interpretation; providing data and analysis for internal and external reporting; reviewing progress and reported data; working with departments on progression; formulating conclusions; and identifying operational trends that lead to a positive and measurable impact on the City's operations.
Researches and designs appropriate organization-wide performance and quality training. Coordinates performance management and quality improvement capacity building for all levels of management and employees.
Collaborates with departments on performance objectives by overseeing performance metrics; developing and reviewing data collection and performance metrics by utilizing advanced process tools to measure, analyze, measurably improve and control organizational development processes; coordinating presentation of measures; and monitoring time lines and deliverables.
Furthers City Commission and management directives by analyzing operations; consulting on projects; coordinating project activities; working with departments and outside agencies; formulating and presenting policies; and executing management directives.
Assists the management team with budget preparation and monitoring by attending budget meetings; collecting data; completing financial analysis; working with departments; monitoring purchases and accounts; and compiling reports.
Coordinates goals, objectives and business plans by identifying needs; interacting with departments; developing plans and processes; monitoring updates; responding to requests and inquiries' creating reports; facilitating strategic plan update meetings; and producing presentation materials.
ADDITIONAL POSITION FUNCTIONS Performs related duties as directed when such duties are a logical and appropriate assignment to the position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration or closely related field from an accredited college or university in or equivalent combination of education and experience supplemented by five (5) years of related experience establishing and measuring performance standards and objectives or completing statistical analysis.
- Experience must include personal computer skills, Microsoft Excel, Word, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Must possess a valid Florida (Class E) Driver's License.
- Employee shall obtain the National Incident Management System ICS-100 Introduction to the Incident Command System and IS-700 National Incident Management System, An Introduction within six (6) months of employment. The following courses are designed to provide a baseline, as they introduce basic NIMS and ICS concepts and provide the foundation for higher-level Emergency Operations Center- (EOC), MACS-, and ICS-related training.
- Demonstration of technical writing skills.
- Solid understanding of performance management, process management and project management.
- Evidenced ability to lead and communicate professionally with multi-level, interdepartmental teams.
- Ability to utilize personal computers, standard office equipment and standard software applications, e.g., word processors, database software, spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, employees, division and department heads, public/private sector contacts.
- Ability to organize work, prioritize, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimum direction.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, or schedule form
- While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the essential functions of this position the employee is rarely exposed to disagreeable environmental factors.
THE CITY OF SANFORD IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE