The Director, Financial Analysis will serve as the financial planning and analytics lead and expert for the Real Estate Group (REG) and program initiatives by providing a broad range of financial management and strategic support functions. Responsible for the long and short range planning of projects, including monitoring of spending, performance against plans for development and rehabilitation projects, as well as other REG related activities, including development of corrective actions to meet budget objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working collaboratively with REG Senior Management and staff, lead the annual REG projects and departments budget process based on AH Corporate guidelines by providing budget instructions, ensuring development of achievable and realistic spending budget assumptions, reinforcing corporate and REG goals and objectives, creating timely and accurate supporting schedules, including underlying assumptions used.
- Plan and direct the AH-Owned Residential Communities’ annual budget process by developing budget instructions, communicating goals and objectives to the Property Management Developers (PMDs), creating supporting schedules and forms, leading the review of operating and capital budgets and coordinating changes, as necessary.
- In collaboration with the Asset Managers, oversee the development of the annual budgets for the HomeFlex and MIXED Communities and related activities.
- Review and analyze operations and financial performance reports. Provide financial guidance and feedback to Property Management Developers (PMDs) and REG Senior Management on financial matters.
- Develop and present quarterly financial briefings to REG divisional and executive management.
- Actively participate in strategic discussions related to site-based budgeting, property development forecasts and asset management. Ensure long-term forecast is adjusted accordingly, when applicable.
- Oversee the Jobs and Contracts in Yardi’s Construction and Grant Management (CGM) module including tracking of funding sources including effective contract administration for assigned contracts by ensuring all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Oversee other REG financial management such as monthly HomeFlex and Operating Subsidy payment process, including Operating Income Payments to the AH-Owned Residential Communities, and the PILOT calculation for all AH-Owned and MIXED communities.
- Formulate and recommend policies, procedures, objectives, budgets, plans, cost controls and schedules for REG operations.
- Support continued refinement and update of the financial/underwriting model. Serve as the Real Estate Group Administrator for the financial model in the absence of a Director of Underwriting. Perform underwriting analysis as required.
- Analyze the financial pro-forma for real estate development and rehabilitation proposals. Review HUD documents related to RAD conversions before submissions.
- Develop, recommend, implement and monitor quality control audits and evaluate work standards and performance levels ensuring uniformity, effectiveness and appropriate staffing levels for the PMD’s.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related field
- MBA/CMA preferred
- 7+ years of related experience required preferably within the Public Housing and/or Real Estate industries.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Working knowledge of the Code of Federal Regulations (C.F.R.) and/or U.S. Housing Urban Development (HUD) regulations, including Rental Demonstration Program (RAD) preferred.
- Previous Yardi and Prophix software experience is a plus.
- Experience with effectively leading a high performance team.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing consistent and standardized policies, procedures and processes.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects.
- Works in an office environment.
- May require frequent bending, stooping, reaching and prolonged sitting and/or standing.
- May require regular lifting usually not exceeding 10 lbs.
- Some travel may be required.