The City of Redmond Finance Department is responding to the growing needs of the City. The fast-paced nature of our municipality drives innovation and efficiency. The successful candidate will possess strong values that align with the City's values, which include being welcoming, having integrity, showing accountability, and demonstrating a commitment to service. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Payroll Supervisor will prepare the Payroll Team and processes to convert the legacy timekeeping and Payroll/HR record keeping system to a new workforce management system. The ideal candidate should find satisfaction in providing exceptional customer service, and thrive in a collaborative, high-volume work environment.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and assist two Payroll Analysts in processing payroll as well as hiring, training, and managing team performance.
- Provide exceptional customer service by responding to inquiries and educating 820+ employees on payments, employee deductions, maintenance of leave banks, employment taxes, wage garnishments, retirement benefits, including interpretation of seven labor agreements, tax, and State and Federal regulations.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and Accounting Teams to ensure data coming into and exiting the payroll system is accurate.
- Improve payroll efficiencies on Workforce Management Core Team by researching, problem solving, testing configurations, and implementing new timekeeping, HRIS, and payroll processing modules in the next year.
- Deliver accurate and timely payroll register for City Council's bi-monthly approval.
- Streamline existing manual processes for preparation, reconciliation, and remittance.