Principal Management Analyst is the advanced level in the Management Analyst classification series at the East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD). Reporting to the Department Director, analyst in this classification performs difficult and complex administrative, budgetary, financial, systems, and operational analyses, including project management/coordination and personnel management assistance.
- Preparing and analyzing budgets and multi-year financial plans including both operating and capital programs;
- Analyzing financial information and overseeing budgetary and project controls;
- Planning, organizing and performing complex administrative and financial analyses that include problem identification, selection of methodology, and evaluation of alternative solutions;
- Investigating and making recommendations regarding departmental or interdepartmental operations and administrative problems which may include the assessment of policies, functions, facilities and equipment, space, organizational structure, staffing, productivity, and cost-effectiveness;
- Closely cooperating and coordinating with personnel at all organization levels in situations requiring persuasion and negotiation; and
- Supervising staff, preparing and reviewing departmental staffing plans, training programs, and staff developmental initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills; budget preparation and financial analysis experience; demonstrated proficiency in cost-benefit analysis, life-cycle costing and other analytic tools; knowledge of public entities including utilities and their operations and structures; ability to use information systems; and the ability to build collaborative and cooperative relationships with others at all levels of an organization.
The annual salary is $116,736 up to $168,588. Initial placement within the range is based upon qualifications. Appointment is typically made at or below the control point ($151,752 per year).
EBMUD offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
1. Bachelor’s degree with major work in business or public administration, economics, finance or a closely related field.
2. Five years of progressively responsible professional experience in administrative, management, and budgetary economic, information systems, utility financial management or financial analysis.
3. A master’s degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com/jobs by 4:30 p.m., Friday, November 29, 2019. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability www.ebmud.com Job Hotline: (510) 287-0742