Applications are now being accepted for an Accountant at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a wage range of $26.11 – $30.02 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Under the general direction of the Accounting Supervisor, the Accountant performs professional accounting duties and carries out operations and special projects within the Accounting Department.
- Monitors, plans, and organizes accounting processes to ensure that the accounting function operates smoothly and according to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP); prepares, analyzes, processes, and maintains accounting procedures, data, and records.
- Prepares, analyzes and maintains accounting related data and records along with preparing and processing various accounting entries.
- Requires experience in governmental accounting and automated accounting systems as well as a good knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS); Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP); Governmental Accounting Standard Board statements; accounts payable and accounts receivable; payroll and job costing.
- Must have experience with computers and software including word processing, spreadsheets and general ledger accounting software systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and build strong working relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related discipline.
- Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources. Applications are available at 3775 N. Adams, Garden City ID, or on our website at www.achdidaho.org. This position will remain open until filled.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations