2020 Hiring Ranges: Financial Analyst I Hiring Range: $26.26 – $31.52 Full Pay Range: $26.26 – $36.77
Financial Analyst II Hiring Range: $69,266.01 – $83,119.21 Full Pay Range: $69,266.01 – $96,972.41
The City of Greeley is accepting applications for Financial Analyst I – II. This position is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of current and long range City-wide budget policies and procedures.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Education:
- 1-3 years' experience as a financial analyst.
- 3-5 years' experience as a financial analyst. Advanced knowledge and experience in using automated spreadsheet, word processing, presentation and data base software. Experience in the public sector is helpful. Master's degree or related experience preferred.
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting, or a related field gained through a 4-year college/university academic program or specialized technical training of equivalent length.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills are the most important requirements for this position as the bulk of the work is performed using spreadsheets.
- Strong communication skills are critical to the budget process as analysis need to be communicated to other departments and the public.
- With work being defined by policies, principles, and departmental objectives, and limits set by professional standards, available resources, and program objectives established by management have sound decision-making ability to determine “how” to accomplish the work.
- Plan, organize, and prepare annual operating and capital budgets.
- Prepare monthly and annual reports, such as the Monthly Financial Report, Overtime Report, and employee distribution for police; quarterly, perform tasks such as the additional appropriation requests.
- Conduct recurring budget procedures, such as budget transfers, change orders, position requisitions, setting up budget unit numbers, project numbers, and account numbers.
- Perform one-time requests from finance and other departments as needed; this includes assistance with navigating Budget Software and Financial Software, granting user access to the database, questions and clarifications about the budget, and analytical assessments of revenue or expenditure trends.
- Perform analysis and research relating to the development and review of the budget which may require examining causes of revenue trends, creating and uploading bulk budget changes to Budget Software and Financial Software, and establishing the organization and flexibility to take on other projects as they are assigned.
- Daily work requires use of: Microsoft Office Suite, Budget Software and Financial Software.
- Ability to create and oversee the creation of a ten year Capital Improvement Plan and Long Range Financial Plan for the City of Greeley.
- Ability to develop the usage of Priority Based Budgeting, Council Priorities, Imagine Greeley, and rankings into the Capital Improvement Plan and Long Range Financial Plan.
- Ability to understand and incorporate market research, analysis of department materials, economic forecasts, government reporting, and recommendations into current and long range financial documents.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Frequent contact occurs with employees and the public, in person and on the telephone.
- Multiple tasks are performed simultaneously with frequent interruptions and an expected high level of accuracy in work.
- Work is performed with extended periods of time at a fixed station.
- Work is safe to having minimal hazards that are typically found in a general office environment where there is rarely little or no exposure to injury or accident.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and talk or hear customers.
- Communication skills enough to hear and convey information to/from the public via telephone and in person.
- Operate standard office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements.
- Vision enough to interpret computer screens and documents to assist the public and complete work assignments; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Manual dexterity enough to accurately input, retrieve and verify work assignments; employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Duties may occasionally light to moderate physical effort that includes: stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling; frequent standing or walking; frequently lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds; maintaining arms and hands in the same position for repetitive tasks and frequently working with light objects and light hand tools.
- Extensive work is performed on a computer with repetitive data entry and 10-key calculations; work is primarily performed at a desk.