This is work performing the full range of professional accounting work related to general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, projects and fixed assets in the Police Department. Work includes responsibility for supervision of other professional and clerical employees engaged in similar activities. Work involves preparation of financial statements and reports; the preparation, analysis, maintenance, reconciliation and verification of fiscal records; posting and balancing accounts; reviewing invoices for accuracy; reconciling accounts; maintaining revenue account controls for assigned municipal activities; Grant invoicing; Budget preparation and analysis; and assisting in the preparation of year-end closing. Responsible for coordination between department divisions and other City departments on fiscal matters, recordkeeping and reporting requirements; other duties as assigned. An employee in this class is required to exercise considerable independent professional judgment and initiative in solving problems through the application of a thorough knowledge of the City's and Department’s financial policies and practices.
Salary: $56,031 – $93,368
Close Date: Open Until Filled
Minimum Qualifications. Applicants must:
- Have a valid Bachelor’s degree.
- Have two years of professional experience in accounting.
- Have at least six (6) months of supervisory experience. •Be proficient in the use of a personal computer.
- Have extensive experience with financial systems applications (preferably Oracle eBusiness Suite).
- Have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel).
- Have superior analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Be able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Be able to effectively multi-task, meet deadlines and coordinate activities across multi-departmental operations.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be able to competently perform detail work involving written or numeric data and to make arithmetical calculations rapidly and accurately.