About Our Department - SPPM
The Department of Strategy, Planning and Program Management (SPPM) drives Metro's strategy and transforms how we do business and serve our customers.
- Business Transformation. Drive transformation of Metro's business and operations by sponsoring and ensuring delivery of initiatives that improve safety, customer service, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Planning. Analyze trends and market opportunities to drive strategy and inform decisions on current operations and future investments.
- Capital Programming. Plan, develop, and prioritize Metro's capital program through planning and prioritization, project evaluation and accountability and portfolio reporting.
- Capital Financial Management. Formulate Metro's capital budget, manage capital funds and grants, and lead capital financial reporting.
- Sustainability. Make Metro more environmentally sustainable, resilient and fiscally responsible by driving programs and partnerships to improve energy, water and materials efficiency.
Business Intelligence Analyst
The Washington Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Office of Planning is seeking a candidate to join our recently formed Capital and Systems Intelligence team, a small group of data scientists who work to transform our many data sources into dashboards, tools, and visualizations to inform capital plans and programs, and transit systems performance and planning.
A successful candidate will have a passion for public transportation, be adept at critical thinking and creative problem solving, and has fun wading knee-deep through unprocessed data generated by operational systems. While Oracle database and Tableau currently make up the primary analytical platform, candidates with other software development and/or big data analytical skills -- including R, Python, et al.-- are encouraged to apply.
For additional details and to apply, please visit: www.WMATA.com/careers JOB ID: 200017
Existing WMATA employees, please visit the Careers Home Page.
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.