Advanced professional accounting work in the maintenance and review of fiscal records; may supervise staff.
Works independently, under limited supervision, reporting major activities through periodic meetings.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance or closely related field.
- Requires two (2) years of professional-level accounting, finance or closely related experience.
- Requires six (6) months of lead/supervisory experience depending on area of assignment.
Special Certifications and Licenses:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Finance Officer
- Certified Auditor
- Federal Grants Management I and II CFR 200
- Government Grants Management (2 years )
- Federal Transit Administration Financial Management Oversight Reviews (2 years )
- Florida Department of Transportation or Multimode Transit Experience (2 years)
- Supervisory and Auditing Experience (2 years)
- Oracle/PeopleSoft and Kronos experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this class. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the job as necessary.
- Processes/records financial transactions including reviewing/approving various accounting documents such as journal vouchers and cash receipts.
- Reconciles and monitors revenues and expenses of various funds. Prepares a variance analysis and prepares schedules for external auditors.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly or annual reports required by County Administrative Policies and Procedures and/or external parties.
- Reviews and approve payroll and vendor invoices for the Division.
- Prepare sales and fuel returns on a monthly basis.
- Assists in the preparation of Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and State of Florida Annual Financial Report.
- Maintains customer table, including setting up new customers and/or updating existing customer information for all County agencies.
- May assign, review, and approve the work of support and professional staff.
- Performs related work as assigned.
TO APPLY VISIT BROWARD.ORG/CAREERS