May 20, 2023Oregon Convention Center
777 NE Martin Luther King Boulevard
- Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental)
- Credits: 4.00
- Prerequisite: None
Time: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm PT
GASB’s new guidance on compensated absences provides a unified recognition and measurement model for all types of compensated absences. In this session, attendees will examine the various types of leave organizations provide to their employees, the ways in which obligations for compensated absences are incurred and settled by governments, and how these obligations are properly accounted for, reported, and disclosed.
- Member Price: $195.00
- Non-member Price: $260.00
- Those completing this seminar should be able to:
- Identify when an organization should recognize a liability for various types of leave.
- Identify what information is necessary to measure a compensated absence liability and how to obtain, or if necessary estimate, that information.
- Correctly measure a compensated absence liability
- Prepare the required financial statement disclosures for compensated absences