Budgeting and Forecasting
Modeling COVID-19 Infection Rates to Inform School Site Closings/Openings
September 25, 2020
11 a.m.-Noon ET
- Field of Study: Management Services
- Credits: 1
- Prerequisite: None
Once registered you will access this LMS Class at learn.gfoa.org
Please use a modern browser like Firefox, Chrome, Vivaldi, Edge, or Safari on Apple systems to access your class on the GFOA Learning Management System - learn.gfoa.org
Internet Explorer does not support all the required features of the LMS or other modern web sites which will lead to a poor experience for you.
Who Will Benefit: Finance Directors/CFOs, Senior Leadership, and others interested in modeling related to the pandemic
- Understand which school districts got it right. Compare in-person and virtual approaches from school districts that opened early in Indiana, Arizona, and other states.
- Learn how can you optimize your chance of making the best decision. Present a tool developed with a Wisconsin school district that simulates the chance of meeting the district’s thresholds for the fall semester.
- Determine the most likely infection levels through the rest of the year. Review the COVID forecast featured on the GFOA website for the remainder of 2020.
- Understand how COVID-19 infection rates are impacting local organizations and decisions related to social distancing measures, including how schools are providing and instruction and the related.
- Learn more about the variables utilized in quantitative risk analysis as related to COVID-19 infection rates and how you can better leverage this information.
- Learn how to improve decision making around opening/closing schools and how that is relevant to other reopening issues.
- Member Price: Free
- Non-member Price: Free